Customs and Tariff Regulation
The aim of the discipline: to form the system of theoretical knowledge and practical skills regarding mechanisms and instruments of customs and nontariff regulation of export-import operations, as the basis for protection of national economic interests of the nations.
The target of the discipline: to form the students’ complex of competences in the sphere of customs regulation that will be sufficient to work by specialty in the structure of Customs services of the states and business-structures engaged in export/import operations.
Results of studying: if successful requirements as for mastering the science have been fulfilled, the student will be able to:
· Identify and evaluate the impact of the actions of customs and nontariff instruments on economic complex of the state, a manufacturer, a consumer of the goods and the international trade system as a whole;
· Evaluate the actual level of protection of customs market tariff of the particular product;
· Calculate the optimal rates of import customs tariff for the state;
· Understand the system of customs clearance, customs supervision and taxation of export-import operations;
· Monitor the correct application of customs and tax laws, as well as the requirements of the international and intergovernmental agreements within customs clearance of goods which traffic across the customs border of Ukraine;
· Be skilled in using modern regulatory toolkit and features of the customs policy of Ukraine in its relationships with the countries of the world trade system;
· Be adaptive in the implementation stages of the process of harmonization of national legislation on customs regulations to the requirements of the world integration.
Last redaction: 18.03.16
Publications on the subject