Trade Policy and Commercial Diplomacy
The aim of the discipline: to form the system of theoretical knowledge and practical skills regarding the modern models, methods and tools of formation of trade policy and system of commercial diplomacy of the country.
The target of the discipline: to form the students’ system of knowledge, methodological approaches and skills in the sphere of trade policy and commercial diplomacy of the country.
Results of studying:
If successful requirements as for mastering the science have been fulfilled, the student will be able to:
· Identify factors of the development of the international trade system, analyze trade policies of the countries, evaluate causes, conditions and tendencies of the usage of regulatory instruments in the sphere of trade, services, results of intellectual work in order to identify the positions of the parties in bilateral and multilateral trade and economic negotiations;
· Identify effective forms and methods of commercial diplomacy in terms of goal achievement of foreign economic policy;
· Develop and give rationale the components of the trade policy of Ukraine and proposals on the formation of positions of the countries in bilateral and multilateral trade and economic process of negotiations;
· Plan the activities of structural subdivisions of state authorities and non-governmental organizations in the sphere of commercial diplomacy;
· Promote the formation of the positive repute of the country in the global economic system;
· Know the WTO procedural mechanisms to resolve trade disputes and review trade policies;
· Identify regulatory priorities and tendencies of the improvement of the international trade system; evaluate changes of the regulatory mechanism of the creation and implementation of the country’s trade policy.
Last redaction: 18.03.16
Publications on the subject