Modern economic theories
Discipline studies main currents of economic theory at the turn of XX-XXI centuries, modern methodology of economic analysis, the logic of the Western economic thought, the relationship of modern economic policy of individual countries with the leading theoretical concepts.
Objective: to understand the basic problems of modern economic theory, its major lines of development; to be able to systemize the knowledge about the nature and mechanisms of functioning of the economic system from the standpoint of the main schools of modern economic theory.
● to ensure fundamental economic training of specialists considering advanced achievements of world theoretical thought,
● to master categorical and conceptual apparatus and research methodology of various scientific schools.
● to form the ideas of the main and alternative currents of modern economic thought;
● to analyse scientific contribution of individual representatives , schools and trends to modern economic theory.
● ability to analyze the specific economic situations from the standpoint of the various schools of modern economic thought;
● to understand the main currents of modern economic theory and the views of its leading representatives;
● ability to conduct a comparative analysis of selected doctrines, schools, currents and modern economic science and the contribution of its leading representatives to modern economic thought,
● to understand the impact of theoretical studies of modern scientists and economists on the economic policies of the leading Western countries.
Last redaction: 27.10.17
Publications on the subject