- Research Institutes»
- Institute for Contemporary China Studies named after Borys Kurts
Institute for Contemporary China Studies named after Borys Kurts
The Institute for Contemporary China Studies named after Borys Kurts functions as part of a unified educational and scientific complex of the state educational institution Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman.
The Institute's main objective is to study modern socio-economic, socio-political, and legal factors and trends of development of contemporary China and its global influence, create socially valuable scientific results, and introduce and use in the Ukrainian economy and the educational process.
The main objectives of the Institute are:
- Organization of profound research of the most critical trends, problems, and prospects of China's social and economic development, international relations of China, including Ukraine-China relations, and the study of China's global influence. The implementation of the results of scientific and scientific-practical research in the educational process at all academic levels.
- Coordinating scientific cooperation among scholars, teachers, applicants, students, and others in the field of general studies of contemporary China, its international relations, in particular, Ukraine-China relations and the global influence of China.
- Preparation of scientific and practical publications, analytical papers, providing economic expertise on the social and economic situation and development of China, its international relations, in particular, Ukraine-China relations and the global influence of China.
- Participation in the publication of the scientific journal "Chinese Studies”.
- Creating joint Ph.D. programs with Chinese and another foreign research and educational establishments.
- Organization of cooperation of academic units of the University with the Chinese and other foreign scientific and educational establishments to create bachelor's, masters and certificate programs.
- Organization of systematic research partnerships with domestic and foreign scientific and educational institutions in the field of Sinology, history, philosophy, cultural studies, political science, sociology, economics, management, law, international relations, information technology, language and literature of China.
- Activation of multinational and interdisciplinary scientific research of modern China.
- Organization of scientific research in the framework of the One Belt, One Road Initiative.
- Organization of scientific, scientific-educational, and scientific-practical events on the research of modern China (conferences, congresses, symposiums), including organization of internships of educational and scientific workers, summer and winter scientific and educational schools with Chinese scientific and educational institutions.
- Organization of training, workshops, masterclasses, roundtables in cooperation with Chinese and domestic partners in the field of business, government, and management.
- Promoting the strengthening of Ukrainian-Chinese economic relations on a mutually beneficial basis.
- Implementation and use of scientific findings in the economy of Ukraine.
- Implementation of business-consulting in trade-economic and innovative - investment areas of relations between Ukraine and China.
Last redaction: 08.06.23