The pressing need for the generalisation and the systematisation of the knowledge accumulated in various areas of the Economics made it necessary to develop modern reference and encyclopaedia books to cover the current condition of the international science of Economics usable by specialists and the general public.
The Institute of Encyclopaedic Studies in Economics (hereinafter referred to as the "Encyclopaedic Studies Institute") was established as a structural unit of Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University in order to co-ordinate the encyclopaedia work and to substantiate the range of activities aimed at the preparation and publication of the reference and encyclopaedia books at the level of international standards. The objective of the Institute is to perform the scientific research into the unification of the contemporary economic terminology for the development and the publication of the Economics Encyclopaedia and other scientific reference publications of the international level.
Oleh Shvydanenko, Director, ScD, Associate Professor
e-mail: email@example.com ;
Oleh Shvydanenko was born in 1975. In 1994, he graduated from Secondary School No. 179 in Kyiv. In 1997, he graduated with honours from the Faculty of International Economy and Management of Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economics University with the major in International Economy with the qualification of a Master.
In 2000, he graduated from the Finance and Management School of the University of Lincolnshire and Humberside in London (UK) and obtained the MBA qualification in Finance.
He worked as the associate professor of the department of international economy of Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University from September 1999 till February 2008. He was conferred the rank of the associate professor in 2003 for the efficient educational and management, and scientific work.
In 2001, he was appointed to the position of the deputy head and worked in that position until the admission in 2004 to the doctoral school of Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University. He has been working as the professor of the department of international economy of Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University from since February 2008.
He has been PhD in Economics since 1999. The PhD thesis was defended before the Specialised Academic Council of Kyiv National Economics University. Since 2008, he is ScD in Economics in Speciality 08.00.02 "World Economy and International Economic Relations".
In 2005, he became the first winner of the contest for young scientists organised by the International Economic Policy specialised international scientific magazine held in Kyiv National Economics University with the support from the Ottawa Trade Policy and Law Centre (Canada) under the Carlton University and Ottawa City University, and the Canada International Development Agency (CIDA). In 2008, he won a scholarship of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine for young scientists for years 2008 to 2010. In 2009, he was awarded the 2009 Prize of the President of Ukraine for young scientists.
In March 2010, he was appointed Director of the Institute of Encyclopaedic Studies in Economics of Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University.
Volodymyr Kuziomko, Deputy Director,
PhD, Associate Professor
Phone: (380 44) 459-6152
Volodymyr Kuziomko was born in 1977. In 1994, he completed Pyshchykivska Secondary School. In 1999, he graduated with honours from the Faculty of Economics of Taras Shevchenko Kyiv University with the major in Economics of Enterprise with the qualification of a Master.
He worked as assistant professor, instructor, senior instructor and deputy dean of the Management Faculty for educational activities in the Municipal Administration Academy (Kyiv) from September 1999 till July 2008. Starting from 2008, he has been working as the associate professor of the department of enterprise economics of Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University. Starting from September 2010, he has been acting as the Deputy Director of the Institute of Encyclopaedic Studies in Economics of Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University.
He has been PhD in Economics since 2008. The PhD thesis was defended before the Ukraine Productive Forces Study Council of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
The Encyclopaedic Studies Institute was established in February 2009 under Order of the Rector of Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University based on a decision of the University Academic Council. Associate Professor O. Shvydanenko has led the Encyclopaedic Studies Institute since its inception.
Structure of the Encyclopaedic Studies Institute
- Section of Encyclopaedic Studies in Areas of Economy
- Section of the Scientific and Information Support
- Section of the Organisational and Methodological Support
- Section of Scientific and Literary Editing
- Section of Co-operation and Public Relations
The Encyclopaedic Studies Institute is involved into the following scientific and organisational / co-ordination activities in order to organise, perform and co-ordinate the scientific studies related to the preparation and publication of encyclopaedias, encyclopaedic dictionaries and subject-matter-oriented compendiums, and other reference publications:
- SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES:
- Organisation and performance of fundamental, search and applied research in the field of Economics.
- Development and unification of the contemporary terminology in Economics for the obtainment of the new scientific knowledge.
- Support to the advancement of the science and technology, the enhancement of the intellectual and cultural potential of the society.
- Development of concepts, principles of submission, criteria of selection and methodological guidelines for the preparation of encyclopaedic materials.
- Provision of the bibliographic and iconographic support base for encyclopaedic and reference publications.
- ORGANISATIONAL AND CO-OPRDINATION ACTIVITIES:
- Formation of editorial boards and authorship teams consisting of leading scientists of universities, other higher education establishments and scientific institutions for the preparation of encyclopaedia publications; the organisational and information support to their activities; the co-ordination of the work with article authors on the part of editorial board members.
- Development of time schedules of the preparation of materials for specific encyclopaedia and reference publications, and control over the compliance therewith.
- Scientific and literary editing of materials in encyclopaedia and reference publications.
- Creation of databases for the preparation and printing of encyclopaedia and reference publications.
- Assurance of the confidentiality of the information and the protection of intellectual rights.
- Development of, and support to, encyclopaedia and reference publications on electronic data carriers.
- Preparation of materials for the obtainment of the endorsement from the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- Participation in contests of scientific work (projects, bids, etc.) in the field of Economics.
- Organisation of scientific conferences, roundtables and other events for the popularisation of activities of the Encyclopaedic Studies Institute.
- Establishment, maintenance and development of the scientific co-operation with foreign universities, research institutions, organisations, international encyclopaedia and reference publication preparation centres for the solution of research issues related to the unification of the modern terminology in Economics, the support to the integration of the Encyclopaedic Studies Institute into the international research environment.
Address: 03680, Kyiv, 54/1 Prospekt Peremohy,
Kyiv, 81 Vulytsia Melnykova, Office 31
Institute of Encyclopaedic Studies in Economics of
Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economics University
Phone: ( 380 44) 456-5847
Last redaction: 26.12.11