Changes in the rules of admission of the University25 June 2020р.
To the attention of entrants to graduate school!
In accordance with the changes in the Terms of Admission in 2020 (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated 04.05.2020 № 591) changes are made to the Rules of Admission of the University (Appendix 9).
Acceptance of documents will take place from 03.08.2020 to 21.08.2020.
Appendix 9 to the Rules of Admission
to SHEI "Kyiv National Economic University”
named after Vadim Hetman in 2020
RULES OF ADMISSION TO POSTGRADUATE AND DOCTORAL STUDIES
OFSTATE HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION "KYIV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS NAMED AFTER VADIM HETMAN"
I. General provisions.
1.1.According to Art. 44 of the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education", SHEI "Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman" (hereinafter – the University) announces admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy and Doctor of Science on a competitive basis.
1.2. Preparation of applicants for higher education for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy is carried out:
- in graduate school of the University for full-time or part-time form of study;
- outside postgraduate studies (for persons who professionally carry out scientific, scientific-technical or scientific-pedagogical activities at the main place of work at the University).
1.3. Preparation of candidates for the degree of Doctor of Sciences is carried out:
- in doctoral studies at the University in full-time form of study;
- by independently preparing their scientific achievements for defense.
1.4. Admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy is carried out on a competitive basis:
- for full-time form of education – at the expense of the state budget (by state order);
- full-time / part-time –at the expense of legal entities or individuals (under the terms of the contract, in particular at the expense of grants received by the University for research, which provides training for higher education degree of Doctor of Philosophy) –more than state order.
1.5. Admission to doctoral studies is carried out:
- at the expense of the state budget (by the state order);
- at the expense of legal entities or individuals (under the terms of the contract, in particular, at the expense of grants received by the University for research, which provides for the training of graduates of the degree of Doctor of Science) – in excess of the state order.
Citizens of Ukraine have the right to receive free education at a state university on a competitive basis, if a person obtains the degree of Doctor of Science or Doctor of Philosophy for the first time at the expense of the state budget (by state order).
All persons who obtain the degree of Doctor of Philosophy and Doctor of Science at the University have equal rights and responsibilities.
1.6. The normative term of preparation of the doctor of philosophy in postgraduate study makes 4 years, and preparation of the doctor of sciences in doctoral study - 2 years.
Training of foreign citizens and stateless persons is carried out on the basis of:
• international agreements of Ukraine;
• national programs;
• agreements concluded by the university with legal entities and individuals.
The rules of admission to graduate school for foreigners and stateless persons at the Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman correspond to the general Rules of Admission.
ІІ. Requirements for the level of education of entrants
2.1. Persons who have obtained a master's degree or the educational qualification level of a specialist are admitted to postgraduate studies for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on a competitive basis. Admission to graduate school on the basis of a master's degree / specialist for a doctorate is carried out based on the results of entrance examinations.
Simultaneous full-time study in several specialties (specializations, educational programs, areas of training) by state order is not allowed.
2.2. Doctoral students are admitted to persons who have the degree of Candidate of Sciences (Doctor of Philosophy), scientific and technical achievements, scientific achievements and published works in the chosen scientific specialty (including publications in international peer-reviewed journals indexed inscientometric databases, according to scientific qualifications of persons who obtain scientific degrees) and who have scientific results that require completion or design in the form of a dissertation, monograph or scientific report on a set of articles.
III. Terms of acceptance of applications and documents, conducting entrance examinations, competitive selection and enrollment
3.1. Admission to graduate school is held annually on a competitive basis within the deadlines set by the University Admission of documents for graduate and doctoral studies takes place from Monday to Friday from 09 to 16 hours except for public holidays (building 1, room 212).
The Admissions Committee works in accordance with the laws of Ukraine, the Terms of Admission to Higher Education Institutions of Ukraine and these Rules of Admission.
3.2. The Admissions Committee decides on admission to the competition, which notifies the entrant on the University website.
3.3. The schedule of entrance exams for postgraduate studies conducted by the university is published on the University's website one week before the exams.