- Research Institutes»
- Institute of Applied and Professional Ethics
Institute of Applied and Professional Ethics
Based on the decision of the Academic Council of the SHEE "Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman" from 29. 03. 2012, according to the Rector's order of 11. 04. 2012 number 332, the Institute of Applied and Professional Ethics was established as a subdivision of the University. Responsibility for the tasks and functions were assigned to Ph.D, Professor and Head of Philosophy Department Yuriy M. Vilchynskyi.
State Higher Educational Establishment "Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman" - the founder of the scientific periodical publication "Universytetska Kafedra". The purpose of the almanac is to meet and implement creative and scientific interests of professional philosophers and philosophical development of education and science in Ukraine, implementation of scientific, theoretical and methodological research in practice.
Research publication is devoted to theoretical problems relevant of culture, axiology, philosophy, ethnology, etc. Almanac contains discussions, reviews and annotations.
Publication is non-commercial and is designed for a wide range of readers.
The main activities of the Institute
- The Institute conducts basic and applied research in inter-knowledge system in key areas: ethics of public policy, business ethics (economic and corporate), managerial, legal and environmental ethics.
- Research the current state of higher education in Ukraine, analysis of threatening trends that violate the ratio between the professional, social and humanitarian training of future specialists.
- Development and organization of various educational and research programs aimed at the development of applied and professional ethics, consulting and expert support of ethical component in social, political, economic, corporate, administrative, legal and environmental projects.
- Scientific, moral and ethical examination of draft laws and regulations of the educational, legal, social and economic activities of the government and its committees, preparation of expert reports (memoranda) for the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and other state authorities.
- Monitoring standards of ethical behavior through appropriate ethical infrastructure elements, which include: 1) the political will, 2) legislation 3) ethical codes, 4) accountability and oversight mechanisms, 5) ethical committees, 6) professional association.
- Assist in the creation of public television and programs about the history of Ukrainian culture, ethical issues, dissemination practices of free admission for Ukrainian students to museums, theaters and exhibitions on weekends and holidays.
- Preparation of scientific and methodological basis for training of scientific and pedagogical workers engaged in applied and professional ethics in Ukraine.
- Ensure the publication of research results in leading national and international scientific journals.
- International scientific cooperation with partner universities, public agencies, community organizations, business companies, firms, funds on the basis of joint research projects and educational programs in applied and professional ethics.
- Institutional support of ethics as a science in the system of economic education in Ukraine, and implementation of its practical orientation through a combination of theoretical, applied and professional component in the system of inter-industry knowledge, coordination of interdisciplinary and interdepartmental research, preparing a list of issues and questions that require scientific solutions.
Last redaction: 12.01.23