Bachelor Degree Program in English
Department of Computer Mathematics and Information Security of Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman has a considerable experience in teaching mathematical and professional disciplines in English as part of the Bachelor Degree Program.
The proposed English-Taught Cybersecurity Program with the qualification (degree) of Bachelor is intended for Ukrainian and foreign entrants with a high level of English language proficiency, who aim at getting the modern IT education and discover new perspectives for professional and personal growth.
The term of study is 4 years. Form of study - full-time.
The Cybersecurity Program is relevant at present because according to the Global Information Security Workforce Study (GISWS), the shortage of experienced cybersecurity experts in the world can reach 1.8 million people by 2022. The main objective of this program is to train a new generation of IT specialists, experts capable to work in the current conditions of global competition, develop and use information security and cybersecurity technologies for solving problems faced by information, economic, financial, social, political, and organizational systems.
Benefits of the English-language Cybersecurity Program:
• international educational standards of education;
• training of IT professionals, having a good knowledge of:
• methodology and technology,
• development and operation of integrated information security systems,
• sources and means of influencing threats to the information security objects of the state,
• computing facilities
• information systems
• combating cybercrime.
Learning technologies of the Cybersecurity Program:
• conducting case studies and laboratory lessons using modern software packages and Internet technologies and attracting IT specialists from major international companies Microsoft, IBM, Cisco, etc.;
• using the modern educational technologies based on the Training and Scientific Laboratory Cybersecurity Polygon, the Scientific Laboratory of Information Management Systems and Technologies, the Laboratory of System Analysis and Management Decision Making, the Laboratory of Cryptography, the Laboratory of Software and Hardware Protection;
• a training portal with relevant methodological tools such as e-textbooks, webinars, online conferences and cloud and remote technology use;
• using the modern information systems and computer technologies, standard, special and industry packages of applications in the field of cybersecurity.
Additional features of the Cybersecurity Program:
• short-term and long-term study abroad, in particular at the Brno University of Technology at the Department of Business and Management, which offers wide opportunities for professional internships, acquaintance with the social, economic, cultural specifics, and traditions of different countries of the world;
• national and international certificates of KNEU and partner universities under the student exchange programs;
• domestic and international certificates of professional organizations and IT associations (Cisco).
The program combines the disciplines of mathematical, natural sciences, general economic, humanitarian and professional cycles, including selective disciplines chosen by the students independently.
54/1 Peremohy Avenue, room 109, Kyiv, tel.: 456-31-62 (for citizens of Ukraine)
54/1 Peremohy Avenue, room 418, Kyiv, tel: 38 (044) 456-03-02 38 (050) 385-60-36 (for international students)
Welcome to our Bachelor English-language Cybersecurity Program!
Last redaction: 30.06.20